Ub3r Dud3s
Ub3r Dud3s
Ub3r Dud3s
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Desktop Instead Of Laptop Homepage-1
February Changelog
Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:26 pm by {Admin}Newlin
Site has been reorganized a bit and other stuff.

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» Heavy Rain
Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:47 pm by {Mod}Flynn_Rider

» Pokemon 5th gen announced!
Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:30 pm by {Mod}GoWd0s

» Final Fantasy XIII
Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:25 pm by {Mod}GoWd0s

» For all you star wars fans!
Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:04 pm by {Mod}Flynn_Rider

» Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver
Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:20 pm by {Mod}GoWd0s

» Reviews that are coming! (Need a Reveiw section!)
Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:39 pm by {Mod}GoWd0s

» February Changelog
Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:26 pm by {Admin}Newlin

» Free Assassins Creed Multiplayer
Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:28 pm by {Admin}Newlin

» Mass Effect 2 Review
Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:03 am by {Mod}GoWd0s

Desktop Instead Of Laptop

Go down 
2 posters

Is Newlin Awesome?
Yes
Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_vote100%Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_vote12
 0% [ 0 ]
Meh
Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_vote100%Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_vote12
 0% [ 0 ]
No
Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_vote1033%Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_vote12
 33% [ 1 ]
f*** Ya!
Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_vote1067%Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_vote12
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
{Admin}Newlin
Admin
{Admin}Newlin

Desktop Instead Of Laptop Empty
PostSubject: Desktop Instead Of Laptop   Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:07 pm

So as my portable device I will be using the iPod Touch with this battery pack that can add 11 hours of video on top of the already 6 that the iPod claims. It looks pretty sweet and will easily allow me to surf the web all day. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017KH6OU/ref=cm_cr_asin_lnk

Soon to come my PC build....but it will be even better in a year when parts are cheaper and better ones come out.
Back to top Go down
http://dud3s.webs.com
{Mod}GoWd0s
Mod
{Mod}GoWd0s

PostSubject: Re: Desktop Instead Of Laptop   Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:23 pm

I guess you can reply on school computers, the option is just a really small dot. Well, I'm saving up for a computer and hopefully will get a job soon so I'll be able obtain(eh?)the computer faster. Also I'll be sending my mass effect 2 reveiw to your e-mail, I already have 600 words, and I need you to scan it when I'm done. Oh, a really awesome game for the itouch is Call of Duty World at War Nazi's, you can play wirelessly with friends and over WiFi. Here is the link for it it:

http://www.gamespot.com/iphone/action/callofdutyworldatwarzombies/review.html

Also, should I get a desktop now or wait? Need your opinon!
Back to top Go down
{Admin}Newlin
Admin
{Admin}Newlin

PostSubject: Re: Desktop Instead Of Laptop   Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:32 pm

If you can afford it now, but it because you can endlessly upgrade one of those. You can get a raptor HD to play games from, you can get a SSD to boot up into windows in under 10 seconds, you can buy an extra 4GB of RAM for more speed, you can upgrade the CPU, and GPU, plus you can through in a blue ray drive for under 80 bucks. Your options are endless my friend.

Just a few more hours until my decent into hell....and your poll response is unacceptable....b****.

Downloading free version now.
Back to top Go down
{Mod}GoWd0s
Mod
{Mod}GoWd0s

PostSubject: Re: Desktop Instead Of Laptop   Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:58 pm

Thank I'll be going with an Ipod touch 32gb. Then save up for a computer once I get a job, which will be soon!
Back to top Go down
{Mod}GoWd0s
Mod
{Mod}GoWd0s

PostSubject: Re: Desktop Instead Of Laptop   Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:00 pm

Hey, what is the link to the site to where you sold your ipod to? ANd how did it work?
Back to top Go down
{Admin}Newlin
Admin
{Admin}Newlin

PostSubject: Re: Desktop Instead Of Laptop   Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:02 pm

I don't have a link and I didn't sell to them because my sister wanted it and so she payed me that price. That site I recommended works well though and they pay for you to ship it to them.
Back to top Go down
{Mod}GoWd0s
Mod
{Mod}GoWd0s

PostSubject: Re: Desktop Instead Of Laptop   Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:32 pm

d***, cause thats the only way I would make the money fast enough.
Back to top Go down
{Admin}Newlin
Admin
{Admin}Newlin

PostSubject: Re: Desktop Instead Of Laptop   Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:12 pm

Case - This is the best part. It looks great, one of the bigger fans are shiny and red. There is one 140mm fan (about 2/3 the size of a DVD case, only in a perfect square) and 3, count em 3, 230mm fans! These things are beasts, not only do they move a ton of air they are virtually silent. They are about the size....whatever is about 9' by 9'....which is pretty big. It is approximately equal to the width of a desktop computer.
PSU - This has a beautiful red glow (noticing a theme yet?) and a decent 120mm fan. I have not decided on a PSU yet, see below.
CPU - This thing is a beastly Quad core at 3.4Ghz which is 300Mhz faster than my PC and double that of any laptop. Possible to OC to 4.0Ghz.
Mobo - This thing is nice, support for up to 4 GPU's in a Quad-Fire setup, a Firewire port, and on-board video and audio. Only downside...it is blue.
RAM - This is stuff is incredible. 4GB of DDR3 RAM clocked at 1600Mhz (267Mhz faster than my PC and double the speed of the fastest XPS laptop) Plus, it is red.
GPU - This is a great budget card as it can run any game on high settings flawlessly, plus it is half the price of its competitors. 1GB of GDDR5 Video RAM.
HDD - A 1TB HDD for just under a hundred with a 32MB cache, not superb, but exceptional for video storage and rendering.
*SSD - A 30GB SSD! What that is it you say? Yup a mere 30GB for 140 bucks, but it is able to boot up windows in just under 10 seconds. On top of that it will last just about forever and it creates zero heat and noise.
*Raptor - This thing is perfect for installing games on because of its fast 10k rpm's and decent size. Plus it comes with a 5 year warranty. A possible RAID setup with 2 or 3 or these would be unstoppably fast.
*Speaker - These bad boys are only 90 bucks for high quality 5.1 surround sound and a full base sound.
*Audio - This is a beautiful sound card that supports both 5.1 and 7.1 Digital Dolby Surround sound. The best part is it comes with a sound controller for a front floppy drive...downside is the price, may go cheaper in the long run.
Monitor - Not much to say except 24" and full HD, kinda pricey but very fast response times. Again, I will probably go with something cheaper like the monitor I have now. That would be 100 bucks cheaper.
*Heatsink - This is a very high performance cooler for the CPU to give it a longer life and allow for cooler temps at high OC's. Copper design gives it a reddish look.
**DVD - Basic CD and DVD burning device. Made by Sony so it is that much better.
*Blue-Ray - Simple drive, except it does not burn any CD, DVD, or BR. The burners are atleast 100 bucks more.

My extravagant build that will be halfway complete at graduation (without all the optional stuff)

Optional PSU - I love the extra power, stability, and fan size this thing has. downsides are 40 bucks more and no shiny red light.

* This item is an optional component and will not be in the initial build, unless otherwise stated.
** The first one of these items in mandatory, and after that it is to increase the awesomeness of this build.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desktop Instead Of Laptop   Desktop Instead Of Laptop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desktop Instead Of Laptop
Page 1 of 1