Ub3r Dud3s
Ub3r Dud3s
Ub3r Dud3s
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Mass Effect 2 Review Homepage-1
February Changelog
Mass Effect 2 Review I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:26 pm by {Admin}Newlin
Site has been reorganized a bit and other stuff.

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» Heavy Rain
Mass Effect 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:47 pm by {Mod}Flynn_Rider

» Pokemon 5th gen announced!
Mass Effect 2 Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:30 pm by {Mod}GoWd0s

» Final Fantasy XIII
Mass Effect 2 Review I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:25 pm by {Mod}GoWd0s

» For all you star wars fans!
Mass Effect 2 Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:04 pm by {Mod}Flynn_Rider

» Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver
Mass Effect 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:20 pm by {Mod}GoWd0s

» Reviews that are coming! (Need a Reveiw section!)
Mass Effect 2 Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:39 pm by {Mod}GoWd0s

» February Changelog
Mass Effect 2 Review I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:26 pm by {Admin}Newlin

» Free Assassins Creed Multiplayer
Mass Effect 2 Review I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:28 pm by {Admin}Newlin

» Mass Effect 2 Review
Mass Effect 2 Review I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:03 am by {Mod}GoWd0s

Mass Effect 2 Review

Go down 

Did I do a good job reviewing for my first time? Reply then leave comments!
Bawlin
Mass Effect 2 Review I_vote1050%Mass Effect 2 Review I_vote12
 50% [ 1 ]
Awesome
Mass Effect 2 Review I_vote1050%Mass Effect 2 Review I_vote12
 50% [ 1 ]
Good
Mass Effect 2 Review I_vote100%Mass Effect 2 Review I_vote12
 0% [ 0 ]
Bad
 0% [ 0 ]
Ugly
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
{Mod}GoWd0s
Mod
{Mod}GoWd0s

Mass Effect 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Mass Effect 2 Review   Mass Effect 2 Review I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:03 am

Mass Effect 2 Review
By GoWd0s

Blending action, adventure, style, outstanding visual design, a terrific story and you end up with one of the best video games of the year, and a great way to start this new decade of gaming. From the terrible Mako missions to the overwhelming inventory, Bioware brought down the hammer by taking everything that was terrible in the first Mass Effect and ripped it out or drastically improved it. A good example of this is the terrible interface of the first game; they stripped the interface and opted for a more stream lined system. Remember when you got new weapons or ammo? Then you had to navigate your way through the inventory system and see who on your team could make use of it, finding out along the way that it was just a piece of trash all along. Well that is taken care of, if the weapon you found is better then the one you already have, then the game automatically switches it for you and your party members. Now all the upgrades you receive are done through a med lab on your ship, this is where you can upgrade guns, buy new heavy weapons, and improve your ship. To obtain new upgrades and weapons you either buy them at various shops scattered across the galaxy or you buy them with the minerals that you mine, through a tedious mining mini-game. This mini-game does take away from the action, but is rewarding nonetheless. The combat has also been reworked, instead of the strategic gunplay of Mass Effect; Mass Effect 2 brings more of a Gears of War style. During combat the power wheel isn’t used near as much, now there are buttons powers can be mapped to. This is not necessarily a bad thing, even though I do find myself missing the power wheel, because now you’re put into the action more often. Even though Bioware has fixed nearly everything in Mass Effect 2, there still are some bugs plaguing the game. From randomly floating in the air, to some how a save not working and you end up stuck outside a window. Another problem that I noticed while playing is that some animations look robotic and corny, but these short comings are rare. Mass Effect 2 has its bugs but they are few to come buy and don’t take away from the game whatsoever.

Mass Effect’s story is probably one of the main reasons why everyone loves it so much. From the characters to the beautiful environments to the revolutionary dialogue wheel, the Mass Effect story captured everyone’s attention. Causing gamers to play the first Mass Effect over and over again and experience the story in eye popping new ways. Well, if you thought Mass Effect’s story was epic, wait until you play through Mass Effect 2’s story. The story begins with the Normandy’s demise and a new threat to humanity. This threat is known as the Collectors, a mysterious bug looking race that is wiping out human colonies for unknown reasons. Shepard then joins Cerberus, the low key, pro human organization in the first game. This shadowy organization consists of many operatives including Jacob and Miranda that join your team and the shady figure only known as the Illusive Man. Cerberus sends Shepard out on a mission to stop the collectors and save humanity. Sound easy? Well you’re wrong! Throughout this mission, you’re tested by heart breaking decisions that test your mortality and pull at emotions that you never knew would be expressed towards a video game.

The characters that you meet along the way, whether they are pedestrians or party members, are the most realistic characters you’ll meet in a video game. Some of these characters have more emotion then real people I know. As weird as that sounds it is true and you actually bond with these characters. You get angry when they get angry, happy when they are and so on. Another cool thing that you can do with your squad mates is you go on one of their personal missions. This is where you actually learn a lot about their background and dive into some of the really rewarding aspects of the game. In return from doing these missions, your squad mate becomes loyal, this helps you ensure your chances of surviving the suicide mission at the end of the game. SPOILER ALERT! Yes, if you have not heard your Shepard CAN die at the end of ME2. It is possible, but you can prevent this. Okay, that wasn’t much of a spoiler, but you get the picture.
What has also noticeably changed in the ME2 then in ME1, is the art design and combat. The art design is now original, no more generic warehouse on planets, all the planet’s have their own unique design that is beautiful and glamorous. Ranging from a lush jungle to the smoky Afterlife Nightclub, all of it is beautiful and extremely well thought out and done. One just amazing masterpiece that just made me stop and glance at it for awhile was the asari colony of Illium. Just being able to look at each skyscraper in pure crisp detail was amazing and actually feeling part of the city spectacular. There are now tons of people walking around cities, shopping at stores and talking with one another. The cool part about this is you actually are able to listen to any ongoing conversation, which is always pretty neat. The character models are awesome and you can actually see every little bit of detail in one’s face or clothing/armor. Just spectacular!

Combat, as I said before has been revamped, is now very similar to the dodge and shoot gunplay of Gears. Except now there are biotic and tech powers thrown in, which brings up the topic of the “hotkeys” now in ME2. Instead of having to use the power wheel every single time, you now can use hotkeys (LB, RB and Y buttons for 360) to set powers to them for easy streamlined game play. So, as an example, your pinned down in a corner. All the enemy fire is on you, you command your team to have one flank left and vice versa. Then while the enemy is being distracted by your team mates, you unleash a throw biotic power and slam into one of the attackers, causing them to be overwhelmed. Another cool thing about biotics is now they curve around corners and such. So if there is guy that is just crouching behind cover, just out off sight. Well all you have to do is unleash a biotic and it curves and nails the guy. This also goes with commanding your AI counterparts. Your team is much smarter in the ME2; they now take cover instantly, no need in telling them. You are also able to individually move each partner, so you can flank enemies (as explained above).
Completely surpassing any 360 game to date in terms of graphics, game play, story and so on. And not to mention completely stripping everything bad from the first one or just improving on it, Mass Effect 2 makes great strides in gaming and that is shown by Bioware’s nurturing love, that they put in this game and as result we are able to play one of the greatest games of the year...if not of the decade.

Score 9.7/10

Last edited by {Mod}GoWd0s on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pictures did not load! Urgh, sorry!)
Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 2 Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ub3r Dud3s :: Site Related Topics :: Reviews-
Jump to: